Friday, June 26, 2015

Happiness

Hi there scrappies and friends!
I have been having so much fun with these canvases, just trying out different ideas that come to mind.
Here is my entry for the competition in Scrap Around the World for the month of June and here is the link....
http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.tw/2015/06/june-2015-challenge-26-by-veera.htmlthe month of 
... and here  is the mood board


The quote is what inspired me, as it is something I remember  was a lesson learnt in my younger years. I also noticed traces of a tea party in one scene so based it around that theme.
I had the thought to make the canvas into a sort of magical tablecloth look with vines etc.. but trying to stick to the mood of the summer colors on the board.

                                              So here is my canvas....the size is 31x40


It is summertime here now in populated Taiwan and on trips to work I would pass beautiful luscious vines of Morning glories throwing themselves over the golf course walls along the roadside, which gave birth to the idea of trying to find a way to mimic them, so those on the canvas are the 3 that turned out the right size although not as graceful and soft it was fun giving it a go. The books I also made using texture paste for the pages and the covers are painted cotton fabric covering cardstock.                    

     ....and here is a close up of the photo I put together in PS with my happy wee one and my tea pot.

                                                         
                                          ...and a few details embedded to the canvas.


Some ingredients to this canvas are dried vines, wire, crushed eggshells, crackle accents, glossy accents, lot's of paint, lot's of glitter, the paper leaves are also upraised and patterned in texture paste, there is also a lot of gold paint all over plus clear paint, and the roses are from I Am Roses.

Hope you enjoyed this bit of canvas... have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Your background work is stunning with all its detail and textures! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am glad to be play a part in all the fun.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece of art! Thank you so much for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, it is so much fun playing with ideas that come to mind.

      Delete
  3. Awesome work !! I love your canva !! Thank you so much for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, glad to have fun amongst such talent.

      Delete
  4. This is stunning! WOW! I love your teacups! You've put a lot of effort into this that's obvious! I love it! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Brilliant project. thank you for joining us over at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow!! The texture is just WOW!!!Thank you for joining SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing art !!! Thank you so much for joining us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete