Here is the mood Board for Scrap Around the World for the month of May and the link to their site.
http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.tw/2015/05/welcome-to-our-annual-epic-event.html
This mood board was released May 1st which happens also to be the birthday of my eldest daughter, so I was very inspired by the whole theme. I was drawn to the corner picture of the basket of roses as my daughter's second name is Rose.
I am entering my work here for this months competition. The canvas is 40x31 and it was built around this photo one of my talented sisters took of her some years back.
Here is the canvas...
I was thinking it would be something similar to a Magpie nest with feathers trinkets, flowers soft fabric, old softened leaves...
Yes, I am a Mom of a 16, 12, 3 year old and I do like Tinker Bell movies, Keeps me young at heart.
The roses are from I Am Roses. I thickened the stems by wrapping tape around them, painting them black and adhered black inked sand to make a thorny type texture.
Magic Pixy dust...
I liked how this corner turned out...
Cherry blossoms from I Am Roses ...
Thanks for looking, never give up on your dreams, and have a great day.













Oh wow - this is amazing! I adore the pixie dust and the beautiful photo. Don't forget to put in a link back to the reveal post at SATW though. Thanks for joining in at SATW's Epic Event!
ReplyDeleteGreat work !! The background is absolutely beautiful !! Thank you for joining us at SATW Epic Event :)
ReplyDeleteLydie Denis.
It's just a piece of art !!! This is an amazing canva ... Thank you for joining us at SATW Epic Event xx
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, glad to have joined.
DeleteThanks for joining us at SATW for our EPIC EVENT. Your canvas is incredible!! your link needs to be LIVE though - in other words you need to be able to click on it to go straight to our challenge post. You do that by selecting the text then clicking what looks like a padlock/chain icon above where you type your posts - then copying that selected text in :) thanks
ReplyDeleteOk just figured it out, thank you, love learning, and thanks for telling me.
DeleteHang on while I pick up my jaw!!! This us outstanding! It's a creation for sure! I love this. It is obvious so much effort and love went into this canvas! I am so glad you figured the link out I have this one on my fav list! All the best from SATW! :)
ReplyDeleteAwww, Thank you, your comment means a lot to me.
DeleteStunning canvas, loved every-bit of it !! Gorgeous texture and layers of colors! Your sweet girl looks pretty in that rose!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for joining us at SATW Epic event 2015.
Thank you, very happy to have joined and for all you wonderful ladies I am meeting here.
DeleteLove seeing your art....beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Abby, so sweet. I will send you some links of other beautiful art projects that have inspired me to venture into new artsy ideas.
DeleteWhat a fantastic work of heART! Thank you for celebrating this special event with us at Scrap Around the World!
ReplyDeleteThank you Nicole, I am so glad to be part of it.
DeleteTrue piece of art! Thank you for joining us at SATW Epic Event!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, glad to hang around so many artistic ladies.
Delete